Friday, December 12, 2008

Home again, Home again

Sr. Helena and I made it back to Chicago today--the plane (Southwest) even landed 15 minutes early! Naturally, there's a whole backlog of mail and work and putting-away to do now...
I learned that the TOB class on Wednesday ended up like a silent movie, despite the help (of Mark Northrup, I presume). Somehow, the mic wasn't working. (I'll try to figure that problem out before the next class--because I'll be in New Orleans that week!)
We came home to a whole new look in the book center: while we were away (yesterday, in fact), new book units were delivered and installed. I'll get some "before" and "after" pictures up asap (after I, um, catch up on the other things). Downstairs, our First Friday movie night was postponed until tonight, for the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe. They're watching--what else?--Guadalupe. (That is the best Juan Diego!) But I am heading now to chapel for some face time with Jesus. Tomorrow I hope to prepare and post an Advent wreath service for the 3rd Week of Advent (can you believe it?).

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It was great seeing and hearing you in person! My ride home was quite rainy, but the trip was definitely worth it. As always, the performance was beautiful and inspiring and uplifting. For anyone who hasn't attended one of these concerts yet, I highly recommend treating yourself to one. It's another one of the Daughters' great ministries.