Wednesday, February 27, 2008

just wondering

Today's Gospel, about the least letter of the Law not being done away with until all is fulfilled, got me thinking about the Parousia. And I found myself thinking of Lent in a new way. As our typical Lenten practices are nothing unusual, but really a part of our Christian living just intensified in view of Easter, isn't life itself a kind of Lent, with our day to day prayer, self-discipline and deeds of mercy preparing us for the great and eternal Easter, "as we wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ"?

4 comments:

Neuropoet said...

That's a wonderful way to look at it! :)

~Jenny

L said...

Dear Sister Anne,

I am sorry to bother you but I was wondering if it were possible for me to have a short interview with you. It would just be around 5 questions via email for a class presentation I am giving at my college. I am doing a paper on Nuns. Thank you in advance for your response.

Anonymous said...

I hate to be ignorant, but what is the "Parousia?"

Sister Anne said...

The "Parousia" is the Second Coming.