Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Matched set

Meditating on today's Liturgy of the Word, especially the Gospel, I found myself reflecting that the paired readings seemed too familiar; that I had meditated on them not too long ago. I had to ask, "Where have I seen this before, and fairly recently?" The Gospel, Matthew's parable of the unmerciful servant, seemed to repeat the message we heard last week (last Monday, in fact), which was from Luke: "Be merciful, as your Father is merciful... The measure you measure with will be measured back to you."
Interestingly, not only is the Gospel message basically the same, even the first readings for today and last Monday match: both are prayers of repentance from the book of Daniel.
You think God is trying to tell us something?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, constantly.