Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Pages from the Past: Tarzan and Jane

Me Tarzan. Film detail from wiki commons.
Was thinking of the old Tarzan movie. Tarzan and Jane are just Adam and Eve. If there was a Tarzan, there would have to be a Jane. 


The animals…they can live without love. Maybe not elephants or porpoises…they seem to edge a little closer to being social in a distinct way. But a dog can live just fine without love (i.e., a relationship). He/she will be feral, but will still be a full and complete dog with nothing essential lacking. 

But a human being will fail to thrive at all without love. 

Jesus does not want that for anybody. In fact, he wants to share with us the love of his own life: “I can never be alone: the Father is with me”; “the one who sent me is with me, he does not abandon me since I always do what pleases him.”





"Pages from the Past" are randomish excerpts from my old journals. I process things in writing, so there were a lot of volumes, but here and there I found notes that were still pertinent or helpful. I got rid of the books (hello, shredder!) and typed up the things I wanted to save, whether for myself (mostly) or to share. 

No comments: