Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Home, sweet home!

My flight to New Orleans was scheduled to depart from O'Hare at the merciless hour of 6:35, meaning I had to catch a taxi before 5. My brother-in-law picked me up and here I am at Mom's, continuing the detail work for the parish mission I will be giving. My work starts at all the Masses this weekend with the "pitch" talk, to stir up participation. 
On the walk to the neighborhood adoration chapel, I couldn't help but be uplifted by the scent of freshly cut grass (or the warm sun on my face). In Mom's yard, the rosemary and lavendar are taking over their respective plots. (I wonder if my sister's basil is flourishing? I have plans to raid the gardens before my return to Chicago!)
Maybe I should just find a way to schedule springtime trips to New Orleans as a regular item! It's also got me inclined to change my plans of a September family visit...if I come in late May I might make it for blackberry season. (Cobbler, anyone?)

No comments: