Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ticketmaster

The other day I was coming in on Belmont from Lakeshore Drive. It's a nerve-wracking intersection, because there are criss-crossing streets (sort of a rotary effect, but without the actual "rotar" part) with two major streets involved in the mix. Naturally, the City of Chicago sensed a fund-raising opportunity. (Good thing I'm a pretty law-abiding driver.)
As I made the turn from the exit, the first light ahead changed rather quickly. Just as quickly, I came to a stop. At the same time, two intense flashes of light came from what looked for all the world like Darth Vader's hat rack. Thankfully, I was solidly braked (right on the stop line with its magnetic "ticket cam" trigger).
You have been warned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have that infuriating system further south. It's called entrapment. So glad you got the "breaks" this time

Sister Anne said...

You mean the "brakes," don't you?!