Thursday, November 08, 2007

In life and in death

Today was Dad's first anniversary in Heaven, and the first reading from Romans couldn't have been more appropriate: in life and in death, we are the Lord's. That is exactly how it was for Dad, whose death coincided with the moment of his viaticum. (You'd be hard put to devise a better scenario than that!) The Responsorial for Mass was also very comforting: "I believe that I shall see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living." My extended family needs that extra comfort this week, because on Monday we buried Dad's elder brother (Uncle Bill). (His death was the fourth on that side of the family within two and a half years.)
I know my Aunt Grace and her three children would be especially grateful for your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers for the Flanagan loved ones have been very much in evidence in our family circle. spqr

Lisa said...

Yes, supportive thoughts and prayers for all.