Karen tagged me for a generic meme (or "me me," which I understand is technically more correct). I also got tagged with a music meme by Charity Therese. Here in Chicago, our house got "tagged" but not in such a fun way. We got a whole raft of new grafitti after last weekend's Looptopia. That, in addition to what had already begun in our back alley. "Tagging" indeed. I hereby tag Coffee Wife and Sr. Lorraine for the generic meme, and Lisa for the music meme.
Generic Me Me
1. Male or Female: Female
2. Married or Single (or religious): Religious. (Why is it in parentheses?)
3. Dream vacation: Ravenna
4. Birthplace: Hotel Dieu, New Orleans
5. Area I live in currently: C H I C A G O
6. Someone you wish you could meet: Pope Benedict XVI
7.Biggest "pet-peeve": pedestrians with burning cigarettes held at arms length from their lips. (I always end up in their wake!)
8.Favorite Religious devotion: The Angelus
9. Favorite Saint (besides the Blessed Mother): St. Ignatius of Loyola
10. Favorite sport that you play: ping-pong
That you watch:
11. Favorite food: salad
12. Tridentine or Novus Ordo: Definitely the Novus Ordo. I remember the Tridentine from before Vatican II. I need all the help I can get when it comes to actuoso participatio.
13. Would you (or are you) home school or public school: What happened to Catholic school?
14. How many kids do you have: roughly 250,000 spiritual children, judging by the quantity of my writings in print and the number of subscribers to My Friend while I was editor.
15.Ever been in an auto accident: No.
16.Ever seen a pope in person: Lived in Rome; worked two blocks from St. Peter's. Take a guess.
17.Languages that you know fluently: English, Italian (sort of)
18.Last movie you saw in theatres: Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe
19. Next one you are planning on seeing: Shrek the Third
20.Favorite Blog: Some Have Hats.
21.Your thoughts on Barney, the Easter bunny, and Santa Claus: Never met them.
Music Me Me
(invented by Charity Therese)
1. Five favorite songs: "How Beautiful are the Feet of Them..." (Messiah); O Esca Viatorem (I don't know the composer of the version I like best); Ave Verum Corpus (Mozart, of course); Christ the Lord is Ris'n Today; "He Shall Feed His Flock/Come Unto Him" (Messiah)
2. Three favorite music artists: Libera, Anonymous 4, Adiemus
3. Three favorite composers: Bach, Mozart, Handel
4. Favorite song when you were a little kid: "The Ten Commandments Song" ("These are God's TEN COM-MAND-MENTS; these I must o-bey! These are God's TEN COM-MAND-MENTS; these I must o-bey!")
5. Favorite song you wish you could sing: Rejoice Greatly (Handel)
6. Favorite type of music: Classical, especially Renaissance and Baroque
7. Least favorite song: "Eucharistic Hymn" by Jerome Cotter; close second, "O Thou, the Central Orb" by Charles Wood (Actually, I have a list! Ask Paul at Mt. Carmel.)
8. Least favorite type of music: 20th century dissonance (especially clashing and grinding chords in liturgical music)
9. Favorite music instrument: Pipe organ
10. Music instrument you wish you could play: violin