Friday, February 23, 2007

trip on train

When I was very, very small, Mom and Dad told me about an exciting trip that we would one day take on a train. We would eat on the train. We would sleep on the train. We would perform various acts of personal hygeine on the train.... Well, I'm still waiting. I've traveled by train in Italy, and today (for the first time!) I will be taking a "trip on train" in the US. Only a short trip, and not even on Amtrak, just on the commuter line ("Metra") to Lisle, but a trip on a train, nonetheless. I'll be meeting Sr. Susan in Lisle so we can set up a book display for the weekend charismatic conference. The main speaker will be Fr. Raniero Cantalamessa, the Papal preacher, so it should be a great weekend. I'll let you know how it went--and I'll tell you all about my long-awaited trip on a train.

No comments: