Sunday, April 16, 2006

My Secret Recipe

This is MY work of art: ham with a special tangerine-cranberry glaze. Too bad the colors just don't show up in the photo. And all this was accomplished at 6:00 a.m. Not that I intended to be up and about the kitchen so early, but we had a scare at 4:30 with LOUD banging on the roof. Called 911 and kept vigil while the officers went upstairs (our rooms are right beneath the roof, and we can hear everything up there). They said it was just a really windy morning (night) in the Windy City. But then who can get back to sleep after something like that?

Now that the adventure is over, and I am on the second floor where roof banging cannot be heard, I will take my missal and my coffee to the living room for some quiet time with Jesus. May his deep Easter blessing be yours!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

The ham looks like it will be quite yummy. And the decorated refectory looks inviting, too. Enjoy a blessed day with the Sisters!

Peace,
Lisa

Lisa said...

PS--The Easter Bunny is giving two of my godchildren "Come to Jesus." :)

Sixtina87 said...

looks yummy!!!

Karen said...

I'm sure your ham tasted good, but it's not as cute as the lamb.