Friday, October 05, 2018

Pages from the Past: Receiving the Kingdom Like a Little Child


“Unless you receive the kingdom of Heaven like a little child...” 


The Helping Hand, by Emile Renouf

That tiny girl brought nothing: “No sack, no money, not bringing an extra tunic.” She didn't even have to think about those things. She only had to come. Her grandfather would provide for every need and eventuality (though that intense look of hers hints that she is completely focused on the job to be done!).

This is my new image for prayer: being in the boat.





"Pages from the Past" are randomish excerpts from my old journals. I process things in writing, so there were a lot of volumes, but here and there I found notes that were still pertinent or helpful. I got rid of the books (hello, shredder!) and typed up the things I wanted to save, whether for myself (mostly) or to share. 

No comments: