Monday, November 06, 2023

Did Amazon cancel your order, too?

My sister's notification. Did you get one? 
Better check your orders!

Last week, the day after my birthday, my sister got a nasty surprise from Amazon: the behomoth had cancelled her pre-order for my book. If you pre-ordered a copy (or more!) from them, you had better check: they probably did the same to you. 

It's a complicated story, and goes back to Amazon's computers not having taken note of a change in the release date (a change that was entered into their system in JULY). What can I say? Despite its origin as "the world's biggest bookstore" (who else remembers that?) Amazon no longer cares about books.

The good news is that after a hiatus (on All Saints and All Souls Day!), the master of online sales is again accepting orders, so you can order it again from them. (You can order it from us, too: there are benefits to us either way. We lose money immediately on Amazon orders, but we gain visibility with their algorithms. Such is our world.)

More good news is that the shipment from the printer arrived at the motherhouse, and will soon reach our Pauline bookstores. (It can't go on display until November 15, but still: after all this time, I'll get to see it!) So you have a chance to get your order in, tell your friends, and in general cause some holy hullabaloo.

If you never heard about my book, or completely forgot about it, or don't know what the "nine First
Fridays" are all about, you can download a generous free portion to get started. I think you will find that it is not only a unique book for your own spiritual growth, but it will turn out to be your go-to gift book for all sorts of people on your list, including those hard-to-gift people: sisters, priests and deacons! 

New Orleans area friends (and relatives): I will be speaking on The Secret of the Nine First Fridays at St. Clement of Rome Parish on Thursday, Nov. 16 (7 p.m. in Vosbein Hall), and we'll have a Book Release Party here at the Pauline Bookstore on Friday, Nov. 17; drop in from 2-6 to get your books signed, and pick up some newly designed bookmarks! The community will be making my book (and others!) available  at St. Philip Neri after Masses on Nov. 18-19 and at OLPH in Kenner the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Outside of New Orleans? Tell your parish about the book, and let the adult faith coordinator know that I will be available, starting in January, for retreats and parish missions! Contact me by this blog's email [thenunblogger is a gmail account] for my official contact info.

No comments: