Friday, November 02, 2018

Pages from the Past: Prayer (and Praise!) in Purgatory

Medieval burial in a Church floor

Ideally, there should be no difference (at all!) in our attitude or prayer between the life and the next—it is mean to all be love, wonder, praise, overflowing in benefits to others, in loving service, mercy, intercession… 

Purgatory shows what happens when things are left incomplete or only lived in a perfunctory way. It only expresses the incompleteness of the person’s praise, worship, faith and love: there is still a gap between the person and the love of God that is meant to penetrate every fiber of their being; there is still resistance or reservation. The person is incomplete in love, and we are meant to be perfect as the Heavenly Father.

Do I pray (and live) like I'm in Heaven--or in Purgatory?








"Pages from the Past" are randomish excerpts from my old journals. I process things in writing, so there were a lot of volumes, but here and there I found notes that were still pertinent or helpful. I got rid of the books (hello, shredder!) and typed up the things I wanted to save, whether for myself (mostly) or to share. 

No comments: