Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Pages from the Past: Heavenly Glory


On this Solemnity of the Assumption of Mary, a reflection from St Thomas on what awaits us in the world to come when we will be restored to our full human nature, body and soul, but with a glorified body such as the Risen Christ had when he appeared to the Apostles at Easter, and as Our Lady was privileged to have in her Assumption.



Aquinas: “Will all have glory equally?"

"I say that there will be an equal repayment in a certain respect, but in a certain respect not. 

"For beatitude can be considered as regards the object, and in this way there is one beatitude for all; or it can be considered as regards participation in the object, and in this way not all will participate equally….He who has a soul more enlarged with charity will accept more…” 

























"Pages from the Past" are randomish excerpts from my old journals. I process things in writing, so there were a lot of volumes, but here and there I found notes that were still pertinent or helpful. I got rid of the books (hello, shredder!) and typed up the things I wanted to save, whether for myself (mostly) or to share. 

No comments: