Tuesday, January 08, 2013

On the Air

Our Lady of Prompt Succor,
Hasten to help us!


I was invited to sit in the "big chair" in the studio at the Sanctuary of Divine Mercy here in Chicago as guest host of the "Winds of Change" radio show. You can listen to the archived broadcast (Episode 557, Tuesday after Epiphany).  (I like to download and archive these things myself.)

Since today was the 198th anniversary of the Battle of New Orleans, the unlikely outcome of which was attributed to the intercession of Our Lady of Prompt Succor, I spoke a bit about that history, and included two Marian songs in the show. (I did not mention on the air that two of my sisters were married at the National Shrine of Our Lady of Prompt Succor. Or that this was our school chapel when we attended the Ursuline Academy!)



The call-in guest was Father Scott Hurd from the one-year-old Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter. He's also the author of "Forgiveness: A Catholic Approach" and of an upcoming title on faith, about which we...ran out of time to talk about.

There was a bit of complication in getting Father Hurd on the air, so I had to extemporize a little bit at one point, and then the producer ran in and hit a button on the board that I didn't know about. Oh, and I opened mic 3 when it was mic 4 that needed to be on for studio co-host Tony. And almost didn't fit in the third promo break. Still, little by little I am getting the hang of things!

Music from today's show is from the following albums:

     Ave Maris Stella
    
  The Reconciliation Song

     Ave Maria/There is a Heart


No comments: