Saturday, February 11, 2012

Coming Attractions

In between trying to keep up with the gradual demolition of Catholic institutions in America, I am also preparing a couple of Lenten retreats. (I'm not sure if there's any correlation between the two topics that are occupying my mind these days; I hope not!) Here's the info in case you are in either area:

St. Paul, MN: First Saturday morning retreat at the Cathedral of St. Paul, March 3. Retreat begins with Mass (at 8:00 I think) and continues with exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. I will be giving two meditations on the theme "Carmen Christi: the Song Paul Couldn't Stop Singing." (That would be the poetic verses in Philippians 2.)

New Orleans, LA: Parish mission at St. Rita's in Harahan, March 20-22, starting at 7:00 each evening. The theme for the mission is "Three Virtues for Lent." I am still working with the parish on some of the details; if possible, I would like to include a Eucharistic Holy Hour as part of each evening's content. Not sure if the time frame allows for it...

No comments: