Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Learning the Hard Way

Another full day of Photoshop instruction, and what did I learn? That many of the things I found "workarounds" for on my own were really doing it the hard way. Figuring it out for myself, I had been doing three or five steps instead of one; making permanent (or changes that degrade the image quality) instead of reversible steps (that maintain the quality). Stuff like that.
It struck me that evangelization is something like that Photoshop class. Can people be saved without hearing the Gospel in its integrity? Who would dare limit the Holy Spirit's reach and say no? And yet, even with special grace, the way involves trial and error, intellectual and moral anguish, and a lot of risk! The Lord doesn't want people to have to learn the hard way the things that matter most.

No comments: