Friday, June 10, 2011

Pentecost Novena

We know that all creation is groaning in labor pains even until now; and not only that, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, we also groan within ourselves as we wait for adoption, the redemption of our bodies. For in hope we were saved. Now hope that sees for itself is not hope. For who hopes for what one sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait with endurance.

Prayer to the Holy Spirit for Health (Bl. James Alberione)

Divine Holy Spirit, Creator and Renewer of all things, Life of my life, with Mary most holy I adore you, I thank you, I love you!
You give life and vivify the whole universe. Preserve me in good health; free me from the illnesses which threaten my health, and all the evils which endanger it.
Assisted by your grace, I promise to always use my energy for the glory of God, for the good of my soul, and in the service of my brothers and sisters.
I pray also that you may illumine with your gifts of knowledge and understanding all doctors and those who care for the sick, so that they may know the true causes of the ills which endanger and threaten life and may discover and apply the most effective remedies to defend life and heal it.
Mary, Virgin most holy, Mother of life and health of the sick, to you I entrust this humble prayer of mine. Deign to increase its value with your maternal intercession.

No comments: