Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wish I was in Philadelphia...

with Sr Helena and a group of our sisters at the Theology of the Body Congress...
We were in community meetings (mostly informational) all day here at the retreat house; it was great--but when we had a break and I saw the live tweets from the congress, I sure wished I could bilocate somehow! It's especially exciting for us that not only is Sr Helena one of the panelists for the congress, but four of our Pauline authors are either speaking or present. We were even supposed to have an unofficial book launch for a new title ("Women, Sex and the Church": how's that for clarity?); I've heard great things from the sisters in editorial about the book, which had numerous contributors, all offering a contemporary take on this most urgent collection of issues, all from a fully, vibrantly Catholic perspective. Can't wait 'til it officially comes out so I can see it (and give you a link).
Three more days of informational type meetings; two of them will be about St. Paul! But it may be hard for me to keep you posted. So I would advise following the TOB tweets live over the next few days!

No comments: