Friday, June 19, 2009

Yesterday it was my turn to lead the community's shared Hour of Adoration. I used parts of the Pope's letter as a theme, and played mix and match with the mysteries of the Rosary to pray it in view of the Year for Priests. Maybe you'd like to do that, too. I used one scripture passage per mystery, choosing a passage that connected that mystery of the life of Jesus to the specific call of the priest.
First Mystery: The Wedding at Cana. "He revealed his glory and his disciples believed in him."
Second Mystery: The preaching of the Kingdom. "While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."
Third Mystery: The Last Supper. "Do this in memory of me."
Fourth Mystery: Christ's death on the Cross. "Behold the Lamb of God."
Fifth Mystery: The Ascension. "Go out to the whole world...making disciples and baptizing them."

No comments: