Monday, March 09, 2009

Measure for Measure

Today's Gospel has that lovely promise about "full measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over" that is ours to be had, according to our own generosity (especially in forgiveness). This afternoon, I just opened the Letters of St. Paul to do some spiritual reading and my eyes fell precisely where St. Paul was reflecting the Gospel with his teaching, "The one who sows sparingly will reap sparingly, and the one who sows abundantly will reap abundantly."
I am late blogging because I was abundantly ... catching up on many things left undone while I was in Minnesota. And amazingly, there are still many things undone! But my sisters are coming for a visit this week (sister #3, who is actually #6 in the family, is coming from Texas Wednesday; sister #1, right after me in birth order, will arrive on Saturday), so... I may not get all that much done anyway...

No comments: