Thursday, October 02, 2008

AOL's decision to retire its FTP service at the end of the month has me scrambling to get files hosted here and there--I've already moved the adoration "ad" in the sidebar from AOL to a free service that allows file uploads (if not FTP). I hope to move other things (my profile picture, for instance)--including the linked items from archived articles--in the days ahead. I'm disappointed, because my AOL address is part of a still-paying account. There were some real benefits to this (for example, 50 gb of online storage on xdrive.com), but it looks like these are going to be taken away, one by one. (Nothing lasts forever!)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Have you contacted AOL to explain what a great loss this will be? Perhaps they will be responsive to customer concerns if enough people speak on it. Just an idea.