Wednesday, August 13, 2008

See you later.

Our community encounter week has been so packed, there has barely been time to wash the dishes. (Note that we did have time to eat! Priorities, after all.) Suffice it to say that I haven't done much more than micro-blogging. The encounter ends at noon tomorrow (Aug 14). We have time to wash the dishes (ahem!); the great silence of our eight-day retreat begins at 5:00. Naturally, Internet access falls under the category of "unnecessary conversations" that are not consistent with the best retreat practices. You are welcome to post your special intentions in the comments; I'll check them at about 4:00 (Eastern Time).
As a sign of the special grace I expect from this retreat, be it noted that the retreat begins on the 33rd anniversary of my entrance, and at near the hour in which I first walked through the convent door in suburban Boston. So please pray for me, too!
Blessings! See you in eight days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

During the next eight days of your
great silence, you pray for me and I will pray for you. Warning you get the short end of that deal.

Unknown said...

I will be happy to pray for you and your sisters during your eight day retreat...I know I was almost nuts in the middle of my ordination retreat last year with the Jesuits, but as the days went by I found a gentle peace...I was the only one at the retreat house and prayed with the SJs in thier chapel and then had another chapel all to myself...and Jesus...right out my door...talk about intimacy. I will offer mass for your intentions during your silence...You pray for me, too! (I hate packing.)
Peace
Father Fred, cmf

Lisa said...

I didn't get to post before you began your Retreat but know that I have you in my prayers. What a beautiful convergence of events -- the anniversary of your entrance and the start of your annual retreat! I think it's reasonable to expect some extra gifts from the Beloved during this time. Please keep me in your prayers, too!