Thursday, July 31, 2008

For the Greater Glory


On this feast of St. Ignatius, we are scheduled to begin a new music project (for the greater glory of God, of course). I just learned which songs are to be included in this new album, and it will certainly be a constant reminder to "seek first God's kingship" if all we do is pay attention to what we sing:
Adoro Te
All Creatures of Our God and King
How Great Thou Art
Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence
Let There Be Peace on Earth
The Lord Is My Shepherd
Magnificat
No Longer I
Now Thank We All Our God
O Bread of Angels
To Jesus Christ our Sovereign King
Ave Maria (I don't know which one)
Salve Mater Misericordiae (the typical translation was done by my old professor, C.J. McNaspy, SJ!)
Veni Sancte Spiritus

I'll do my best to post video updates and scenes, observing the limits of time and copyright. Check back often! And every time you do, say a little prayer for the people this project will touch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent article in theis week's Catholic New World - I'm looking forward to your future installments.

Paul French

Anonymous said...

Can this article in Catholic New World be found on the internet.