Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Books I am reading right now

I'm halfway through a pretty scholarly book (just right for the upcoming "Year of St. Paul"!), "Our Mother Saint Paul." Sounds strange, but St. Paul used mother-language about himself more than once, and finally a scholar is taking him seriously! It helps to know a little Greek, though, to follow the author's line of thought.
I just put "The Practice of the Presence of God" by my nightstand, to read for the duration of the Christmas novena. If our Lord could become "Emmanuel, God-with-us," he deserves that I should live more and more with him, after all!
And I am earnestly continuing to include something of the Catechism in my Hour of Adoration, connecting my bible reading with what the tradition has to say about the same themes.

I have a mountain of books lined up, but these are the only ones I am actually reading right now. I am happy to say that I finished reading "Paul, Apostle of the Heart Set Free" (enjoyed immensely) and "The Liturgy of the Hours, East and West" (waiting full of post-its for me to take notes for future reference).

No comments: