Friday, July 06, 2007

Father Thompson Sinks to 4th

In a stunning reversal of direction, the Father Thompson Center has dropped from 1st place to 4th in a single day in the Burger King donation contest. Only the top three get a significant contribution from this promotion; the other six get a token $2K (which is nice, but not as nice as the $50K the top winner gets). There is still a week to go (I was wrong in earlier posts about this; the contest extends to July 13), so there is time for you to alert all your friends and relatives, and place multiple posts on your blog. But first: go to the "polling place" and vote for the Harry Thompson Center yourself!
Remember, you can vote every day!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Ok, I went casted my vote. What a list! Many really seemingly good causes, but clearly Father Harry Thompson Center is extra special!
Let's get voting, everyone! Imagine being part of a body of people whose votes helped the Thompson Center win a much needed and well-deserved $50,000? Let's do it :)

winifritz said...

Lisa is right on. Vote Now, pray later, or pray while you are voting, or just vote for goodness sake and for Harry.

Akalei said...

Hi Sr. Anne, sorry I haven't been visiting your blog often.

Okay! I'll definately cast my vote everyday! I agree, Father Harry Thompson Center is extra special!!!

BTW I tagged you for a meme, you don't have to do it if you don't want to.

God bless you all!!!

Tom said...

http://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount

Tom said...

I am sure Father Thompson's center is a worthy cause but is it the widest reaching in New Orleans?

Personally New Orleans Missions feeds and trains the homeless. They don't get government funds, take United Way funds, or have a parishiners contributing. But they do go out and feed thousands both physically and spiritually.

GO above and beyond BK, contribute yourself, and vote for the highest impact not the group with the best email chain.

Jesus said there will always be the poor

make a difference

winifritz said...

Audiotomb...true Jesus said the poor you will always have with you. He also said "I was hungry and you gave me to eat", and "whatsoever you do to the least of my brethren, this you do unto me". The Harry Thompson Center answers these needs. Can you do better?