Friday, June 29, 2007

"Taste" Test

Today the "Taste of Chicago" opened. (Sr. Susan and I hope to go for a test run tomorrow; it's really something I look forward to, despite the unbelievable crowds.) Since today was a feast day, I tried to prepare a little something special for supper. I'll share the recipe with you, since it was a total experiment and turned out delicious:
First I arranged some tilapia fillets in a baking dish, and sprinkled them with the remaining dust and scraps in a container of dried onion. I cut three limes into smallish pieces and ran them through the food processor, adding a couple of cloves of garlic and a bit more than a quarter cup of olive oil. Poured that over the fish, generously scattered kosher salt over the whole thing and put in in the oven at 400. Then I went to night prayers.
After night prayer, I opened a can of diced tomato, poured that into a small frying pan, added garlic and the little bits of sauteed green onion and bell pepper left over from lunch; cooked it down until the liquid was reduced.
Served brown rice, the fish, and used the tomato mixture as a kind of condiment for both the rice and fish.
It was great.
So much for a "taste of Chicago"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Emeril, I have printed it for my "nun" cookbook. Deborah