Tuesday, August 22, 2006

impossible

Well, today's feast of the Queenship of Mary offered an interesting conjunction of Gospels. The weekday Gospel had Jesus describing just how hard it is for the rich to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, prompting a perplexed question from Peter. Jesus responded (it had to be with a twinkle in his eye), "for human beings it is impossible, but not for God." Then the feastday Gospel was the Annunciation. And in this Gospel, too, we are reminded by Gabriel, "Nothing shall be impossible with God."
That's a good reminder, because after trying for two hours today to get a usable take of the O Holy Night solo lines, I need to be assured that with God, it is not impossible for that still-unsatisfactory final take to do great good, even if it will curdle the hearing of my parish choir director. (Remember, Paul, what you yourself said: I am a good choral singer!) Sr. Bridget keeps telling me that she can work wonders with the slider and a bit of echo. Let's hope so!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine anyone being that bad, Sister. With God nothing is impossible. Short of a final final take, maybe God and Sr. Bridget coupled with a slider and echo can bring about a standing ovation.

Lisa said...

I heard you solo "O Holy Night" live and in-person. I am usually a big critic being a singer myself, but I thought it was great! Fear not, and sing out from your heart :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sr. Anne,
Did you get blessings from the priest there? Many times, I do this before making a decision or just doing something "big", I clear my conscience, I ask God to forgive me of all my sins, and I open my heart, to be selfless, to love all, everything for God's glory and the good of all. Then, whatever happens, happens. God's will be done.

thank you sister for sharing your talent with all who will listen to your CDs and/or tapes.