Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I'm ba-a-ack!

Back on line, that is. Our eight-day retreat started a little earlier than posted on Saturday, and ended a little later than expected last Sunday, giving me very little time to arrive in Jamaica Plain for our Monday morning recording practice and afternoon session. I'm video taping some of the work in progress so I can share a kind of informal (very informal) "making of" movie with you. (We are recording an album to be released at Christmas with our concerts.)
Yesterday was my 31st anniversary of entrance, and today several other sisters celebrate their entrance anniversary: Sr. Laura, 30 years; Sr. Sharon Anne, 48 years! We were to have witnessed the ceremony of entrance into novitiate this morning after Mass, but the priest didn't show up, so we are all on hold about Mass (especially the novitiate candidates). Meanwhile, the music session still starts at 10:00 and ends...at 6:00 (hopefully Mass will be rescheduled for 5:30, however). I was regretting the fact that I didn't bring a camera to Mass this morning so I could snap a little picture to share with the blogging world of our little group of new novices, but now I have another chance. If I remember, I can bring the little camera down to the studio, too, so you have an idea of what it looks like when we make an album... and you can pray we stay on pitch!
I prayed for the special intentions sent to me for my retreat time; please reciprocate!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Welcome back!!! You were definitely missed and we look forward to all the updates.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy thirty first anniversary of your entrance into the Daughters of St. Paul Community...Father Billy Reed knew a vocation when he saw one. God Bless you with continued joy in His service.

Anonymous said...

May St. Cecilia intercede for all of you, especially the sopranos, during your recording sessions.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!! and many more..... I hope your day went well. Did you get a chance to take pics of the novices? I'm looking forward to that. 31 years are a long time, but glorious. I envy you and the other sisters!! I hope you have many, many more years to celebrate as a Daughter of St. Paul.