Monday, December 19, 2005

Thoughts from Narnia

Loved it!
Thought the land of Narnia was very believable, despite the critics' sneering that it looked phony. And loved Aslan (of course!). I especially liked the "Gethsemane" scene, with Aslan going off alone, and how he was grateful for the company of the two girls who had followed him into the dark wood.
Girls come off pretty good in Narnia.
And while I really liked Mr. Tumnus, the faun, no one can beat those beavers!
Does anyone else have some favorite scene or character?

3 comments:

Belinda said...

I loved the movie as a whole. My favorite touch was the goodnatured bickering between the Beavers. Very much like an old married couple!

I also liked that the movie began with the Blitz and parents sending their children off to safety - it added a historical perspective to why the Pevensies were at the Professor's house.

Sr. Marianne Lorraine Trouve said...

I liked the movie too, especially the scene where Peter refused to listen to the voices telling him he couldn't do it and he killed the wolf.
I also like the scene that showed Aslan having a heart-to-heart talk with Edmund, who seemingly learned his lesson. However, in the scene right after that, when Edmund was reunited with his brother and sisters, I felt something was missing in that he didn't verbally apologize to them. It was the least he could have done!

Anonymous said...

I went to go see the movie narnia and I LOVED it! I went with our parish group and we had a discussion/reflection afterwards.
One boy said something that really made me think. He said that when when Mrs. Pevensie put her Children on the train she was giving them up, just as Mary gave up her son. And the sorrow that the mother must have been feeling was like Mary's sorrow when she saw her son dying.
I also loved the "confession" scene with Aslan and edmund.
Just wanted to share that. As I said it really made me think!