Wednesday, August 10, 2005

St. Lawrence

What a fabulous saint we honor today! And the first reading, from 2 Cor.... I guess it is the revised translation, but one line really came out at me today: "God is able to make every grace abundant for you." I "heard" that in terms of our Founder's "pact with the Lord" in which he delivers over all his best efforts (knowing in advance how they will fall short), but with total confidence that the Lord will multiply the results according to his mercy.
I am still working on my presentation for the religious educators... and so that is a timely reminder to count more on God's grace than on my effort.
I did manage to finish a small project for my parents' anniversary. I dare say no more just yet, since Mom occasionally checks my blog and this is supposed to be a surprise. But maybe I will find a way to post it later...

No comments: