Saturday, August 27, 2005

Hurricane Prayer to O.L. of Prompt Succor


This is what the folks back home say (usually after Mass) during the hurricane season; please include this intention in your prayers this weekend! A few of my siblings are preparing to evacuate, but it seems Mom and Dad will remain at home. May our Lord keep them safe.
Here's the prayer:
God our Father, through the intercession of Our Lady of Prompt Succor, please spare us the loss of life and property during this hurricane season, and deliver us from further attacks of terror.
Our Lady of Prompt Succor, hasten to help us!
(For the non-New Orleanians who come across this blog, an interesting story of the relationship of the city and Mary's unusual title--that's the original statue depicted above, by the way--can be found here.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

S. Anne Joan,

Prayers are pouring heavenward for the safety of all who find themselves in the potential path of Hurricane Katrina ...

I had the blessing of visiting Chicago this week for the first time and even visited the Pauline Book & Media Center. Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to meet you but I did meet Sister Helen who was very kind in helping me not only with my purchases but also with figuring out how to get to Olgilvie Transportation Center. Please give her my sincere "thanks"!

Lisa
cullensdaughter@aol.com