Tuesday, August 30, 2005

fiat

It is really hard to be on standby and at such a distance. Not able to do pluck family treasures from the water that is probably rising in their homes, not able to share the experience first-hand with loved ones, not knowing at all what "home" even looks like right now. Today I meditated (and will return to) the story of Martha and Mary. "One thing only is needed." "Blessed are you who are poor..." even if you don't know how materially poor you even are after an event like this, especially when the problems seem to be increasing with the passage of time, rather than subsiding. My family is safe, as far as I can tell--I still have no news of my brother's family and can only hope for the best in their regard. But it is very hard to be so far away, with only TV images of home.
 

No comments: