Monday, August 01, 2005

Be on the watch

This in from Sr. Rose, whose nephew (age 13) died playing the "fainting game"; when I write about "The Tipping Point," I intend to cover the book's findings on such trends.
 
Sarah Pacatte on CBS' The Early Show
 
My sister and nephew were interviewed and it will be broadcast this Thursday morning on CBS' THE EARLY SHOW at 7:30am (if they don't bump it for something else.) Pray they do a good job.
 
Several of you saw the USA Today article that interviewed my sister; thank you for letting me know; I was able to go and get a copy. Today AOL ran a story on this terrible phenomenon (thanks to all those who sent it to me), though it does not mention my sister:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-07-19-suffocation-games-on-rise_x.htm?POE=click-refer

2 comments:

Sixtina87 said...

I was a show about that game. It showed a mother an how her child died playing that so called game. What the kids who play this "game" dont realize that it does kill if done alone or with others!!!!! I think its soo sad how kids now a days dont realize or dont have common sense to figure out what it can do. But kids are always looking for something to give them that High or feeling that would make them seem as if they are on drugs or something!!!!! And again what my parnets have always told me growing up, "kidz think they know everything!!!!!!"

Sixtina87 said...

I just ead the article, I read mostly the part about Sr. Rose's nephew!!!! I'm glad that the one stopped after their mom confronted them but they other one just made it into this big huge joke as if nothing is going to happen to him while playing this game!!!!! Paretns need to talk to their kidz about this gaem that way they are aware of what could and would happen!!!! Its sad to see parnets barrie their own children and its hrd on the siblings!!! I cant imagine what it would be like if I were to loose one of my Sisters at such a young age!!!!!!!! I feel for the families who have lost their child over this stupid game!!!