Thursday, August 04, 2005

angels on wings

It's what we say in our family when someone is going to take a trip by plane. Angels on wings at 9:50 tomorrow morning! That's when I hope to be pulling away from the gate at Midway en route to New Orleans to see Mom and Dad (50th anniversary celebration next week) and my many siblings, nieces, nephews and assorted very many relatives, most of whom are coming to the Golden Anniversary celebration. I also have a talk I am still preparing for New Orleans religious educators. That needs more prayers. I have some content, but no form... yet!

2 comments:

Sixtina87 said...

hI Sister,

Enjoy your visit back home to your family!!!! Angels on wings is something new but kinda interesting way to put flying on a plane!!!!!!!!! I know you will come up with something for yout alk, I usually come up with something almost last minute and usually something that I'm passionate about!!!!! My enlgish teacher would tell us, "write about something you know and are passionate about, thats where your best writtings come from!!!!" Good Luck on the talk and have fun!!!!!!!

Apostle John said...

I've never heard the phrase, but when I fly I enter a prayerful mode while walking down the corridor to the plane. I lay hands upon the door as I pass by, praying for the plane, the pilots, the passengers, the maintenance crew. I always pray for angels to surround the plane.