Saturday, April 02, 2005

Watching and Praying

Does anyone have the URL of the Vatican TV service? I am hoping to find live feed from CTV so I can follow along without missing the Vatican comuniques while I am working.
One thing I especially love about the present situation--almost as Paul would say--that through it "Christ is being proclaimed and in that I rejoice!" (cf somewhere in Philippians I). I mean, because the poor Holy Father's last agony is so protracted, the media are being forced to maintain constant coverage. They are interviewing priests, professors and pastors (I mean bishops; I just wanted some alliteration) to fill the air time, and what that means is that over and over again the message that "in dying we are born to eternal life" is repeated so that our immortality ends up as a given before the conversation or interview even begins. Christ is being proclaimed, over and over, as Risen and as the source of our hope. Over and over and over.
What other world leader (or religious leader, for that matter) would be able to have their principle theme announced so widely as they themselves were dying? It is a remarkable gift of Providence.
When I woke this morning (all three times; I'm not a really deep sleeper) and found that the Pope was still with us, it crossed my mind that God may indeed wait until Divine Mercy Sunday to call him. That would be yet another powerful statement.
In all, the media coverage has been very supportive of faith and hope. Above all, hope. "Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vatican TV Online


(found via the Corner, a blog on www.nationalreview.com)